- A keypair is automatically generated on every request to send data by the user. This adds an extra layer of security.
- jCryption was build on top of the Multiple-Precision library and uses Barrett Modular Reduction library as well.
- It is completely free and has been dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses.
- Has been tested and works with all modern browsers such as Firefox 3, Chrome, Opera 9+ and legacy browsers such as IE6.
Caution when considering jCryption
- jCryption must not be used as a replacement for SSL as it currently does not provide authentication and no protection against MITM (Man-in-the-middle) attacks.
- File uploads are also not encrypted because of performance reasons as there is no fast way of accessing and applying encryption to data inside a file.
jCryption is hosted on Google Code and is available for download.
Still not convinced? Check out the jCryption demo.